Abstracts are hereby solicited
for oral presentation in any of the sessions listed, or the XRD and XRF poster sessions
Call for Papers is now Closed Except for Poster Presentations
Abstracts are still being accepted for poster presentation only in the XRD or XRF poster sessions.
Poster sessions will be held on Monday (XRD)
and Tuesday (XRF) evening of conference week.
If you would like to be put on a waiting list for an oral presentation, please contact Denise Zulli: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Presentations may be moved among oral sessions, or to a poster session, at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. Every attempt will be made to contact the submitting author if this is necessary.
The Organizing Committee considers the withdrawal of an abstract after it has been accepted and advertised as highly nonprofessional (except in special circumstances). Please try to secure travel funding and approvals before submitting an abstract.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS:
- File format: The Abstract should be submitted as either a Microsoft®Word document (Word 2010 – Word 2016) or a PDF file (Portable Document File).
- The PDF or Word doc of the abstract must include the title, author(s), affiliations(s) and text. The general information form that you complete does not automatically add the title and author information to the abstract.
- Size: The abstract should not exceed one page in length (8.5” x 11” page size); with a one-inch margin all around. This includes any figures or graphs (please keep to a minimum).
- Font: Times or Times New Roman, 10 or 12 point.
- Title: Bold, Center, Mixed upper and lower case.
- Author(s) and Affiliation(s): Center directly under Title. Leave one blank line after the author(s) and affiliation(s) before beginning text of abstract.
- Text: Paragraphs should be flush left (do not indent); single-spaced; leave one blank line between paragraphs, space permitting.
- Characters, tables, formulae, figures, symbols, graphics: All must be embedded into your text. Please keep to a minimum, and limit the fonts to those that are available with the standard distribution of Microsoft® Word. Non-standard fonts will lead to errors in transmission.
ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstracts may only be received through the online submission process. You will be required to fill out a general information form, and then given a choice to either upload your abstract directly from your computer as a PDF file or e-mail your abstract as an attachment created in Microsoft®Word (Word 2010 – Word 2016). The information you upload on the general information form is not added to your abstract. You must still include the title and author information in the abstract file you upload.
CONFIRMATION OF ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
When submitting your abstract online, you will receive an automated e-mail confirmation. If you choose to e-mail your abstract as a Microsoft® Word document, then confirmation of your abstract may take up to one week. If you do not receive confirmation within one week of your submittal, please email: email@example.com; 610-325-9814.