THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 22 FEBRUARY 2013!
The Denver X-ray Conference is green! A hard copy of the Book of Abstracts will no longer be printed and distributed to attendees at the time of registration. The Book of Abstracts will be distributed at the conference in electronic form only on a USB stick. Attendees wishing to obtain hard copies of the abstracts may visit our website, and print copies of the individual PDF abstract files.
Abstracts are hereby solicited for oral presentation in any of the special sessions listed, or the XRD and XRF poster sessions. Not all contributed abstracts submitted for oral presentation will be placed in a special session, but may alternatively be, chosen for poster presentation. The Organizing Committee considers the withdrawal of an abstract after it has been accepted and advertised as highly nonprofessional (except in special circumstances). Please try to secure travel funding and approvals before submitting an abstract.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS
Abstracts are reproduced in the Book of Abstracts, which will be given to attendees of the conference on a USB stick. A hard copy abstract book will no longer be provided. Abstracts will also be published on the Denver X-ray Conference website, with links to, or duplicate copies on other affiliated websites (e.g., ICDD). Abstracts must be prepared according to the following guidelines:
- The abstract must include the title, author(s), affiliations(s) and text.
- File format: The Abstract should be submitted as either a Microsoft®Word (Word XP – 2010) document or a PDF file (Portable Document File).
- Size: The abstract should not exceed one page in length (8.5” x 11” page size); with a one-inch margin all around. This includes any figures or graphs (please keep to a minimum).
- Font: Times or Times New Roman, 10 or 12 point.
- Title: Bold, Center, Uppercase (excluding subscripts, superscripts, elements and compound abbreviations).
- Author(s) and Affiliation(s): Center directly under Title. Leave one blank line after the author(s) and affiliation(s) before beginning text of abstract.
- Text: Paragraphs should be flush left (do not indent); single-spaced; leave one blank line between paragraphs, space permitting.
- Characters, tables, formulae, figures, symbols, graphics: All must be embedded into your text. Please keep to a minimum, and limit the fonts to those that are available with the standard distribution of Microsoft® Word. Non standard fonts will lead to errors in transmission.
ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION -
Abstracts may only be received through the online submission process. You will be required to fill out a general information form, and then given a choice to either upload your abstract directly from your computer as a PDF file or e-mail your abstract as an attachment created in Microsoft®Word (Word XP – 2010). The information you upload on the general information form is not considered a part of your abstract. You must still include the title and author information in the actual abstract file.
CONFIRMATION OF ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
When submitting your abstract online, you will receive an automated e-mail confirmation. If you choose to e-mail your abstract as a Microsoft® Word document, then confirmation of your abstract may take up to one week. If you do not receive confirmation within one week of your submittal, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org; 610-325-9814.