Abstracts are hereby solicited for oral presentation in any of the
sessions listed, or the XRD and XRF poster sessions.
Abstract Submission will open: January 2021
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 16 March 2021
Want to present at
1. Pick your Oral Session
- Plenary Session: TBA (Invited talks only)
- New Developments in XRD & XRF Instrumentation –commercial presentations permitted
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy (XAS)
- Machine Learning Techniques in X-ray Analysis
- Cultural Heritage
- XRF & XRD in Construction Materials
- Industrial Applications of XRD & XRF
- Functional Materials
- General XRD
- Advanced PDF Modelling
- Quantitative Analysis
- Stress Analysis
- Non-ambient XRD
- General XRF
- Quantitative XRF
- Trace Analysis including TXRF
Presentations may be moved among oral sessions, or to a poster session, at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. Every attempt will be made to contact the submitting author if this is necessary.
The Organizing Committee considers the withdrawal of an abstract, after it has been accepted and advertised, as highly nonprofessional (except in special circumstances). Please try to secure travel funding and approvals before submitting an abstract.
2. Prepare your Abstract
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS:
- File format: PDF is preferred. If submitting a PDF, please use all standard fonts. Word is also acceptable; you may submit a Word document from Word version 2013 – 2019. Please make sure the Word file has the .docx extension. Word files with the .doc extension may not convert correctly when saved as a PDF.
- The PDF or Word doc of the abstract must include the title, author(s), affiliations(s) and text. The general information form that you complete does not automatically add the title and author information to the abstract.
- Size: The abstract should not exceed one page in length (8.5” x 11” page size); with a one-inch margin all around. This includes any figures or graphs (please keep to a minimum).
- Font: Times or Times New Roman, 10 or 12 point.
- Title: Bold, Center, Mixed upper and lower case.
- Author(s), Affiliation(s) and Contact Author E-mail Address: Center directly under Title. Leave one blank line after the Contact Author’s E-mail Address before beginning text of abstract.
- Text: Paragraphs should be flush left (do not indent); single-spaced; leave one blank line between paragraphs, space permitting.
- Characters, tables, formulae, figures, symbols, graphics: All must be embedded into your text. Please keep to a minimum, and limit the fonts to those that are available with the standard distribution of Microsoft® Word. Non-standard fonts will lead to errors in transmission.
ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstracts may only be received through the online submission process. You will be required to fill out a general information form, and then given a choice to either upload your abstract directly from your computer as a PDF file or e-mail your abstract as an attachment created in Word version 2013 – 2020. The information you upload on the general information form is not added to your abstract. You must still include the title and author information in the PDF abstract file you upload.
CONFIRMATION OF ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
When submitting your abstract online, you will receive an automated e-mail confirmation. If you choose to e-mail your abstract as a Microsoft® Word document, then confirmation of your abstract may take up to one week. If you do not receive confirmation within one week of your submittal, please email Stephanie Jennings: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 610-325-9814.
3. Submit your Abstract
The Denver X-ray Conference is green! Attendees will be given a small program booklet at the time of registration; however, abstracts can only be viewed online. Please visit the Program page of the conference website, and click on the abstract title to view a PDF of the abstract. Attendees wishing to obtain hard copies of the abstracts may visit our website, and print copies of the individual PDF abstract files. Abstracts will be available online by May.
ICDD is keeping a close watch on the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The health and welfare of our conference attendees, exhibitors and staff are of top priority. At the present time, we are planning for an in-person Denver X-ray Conference, we will know more in Spring 2021. Please do not be discouraged from submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation, if in the future your abstract submission needs to be withdrawn, there will be no penalty. Exhibit space and registration will open once we know more about how the conference will be held.