Want to present at
1. Pick your Oral or Poster Session
- Plenary Session: Energy Storage (Invited talks only)
- Cultural Heritage
- Machine Learning Techniques in X-ray Analysis
- Energy Storage and Harvesting
- General XRD
- Industrial Applications XRD
- Non-ambient XRD & PDF
- Stress and Texture Analysis
- Synchrotron Applications in XRD
- Trace Analysis
- Industrial Applications XRF
- General XRF
- Quantitative Analysis of XRF
- Micro XRF and Synchrotron Applications
Presentations may be moved among oral sessions, or to a poster session, at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. Every attempt will be made to contact the submitting author if this is necessary.
The Organizing Committee considers the withdrawal of an abstract, after it has been accepted and advertised, as highly nonprofessional (except in special circumstances). Please try to secure travel funding and approvals before submitting an abstract.
2. Prepare your Abstract
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS
Abstracts will be posted on the DXC website* and added to the event app (*unless otherwise requested). Abstracts must not exceed one page in length and must include the title, author(s), affiliation(s), and the text. To provide uniformity, it is recommended that abstracts be prepared according to the following guidelines:
- File format: PDF. When submitting a PDF, please use all standard fonts. The PDF file size cannot be over 2 MB (megabytes). The PDF of the abstract must include the title, author(s), affiliations(s), and text. The general information form that you complete does not automatically add the title and author information to the abstract.
- File naming: When naming the abstract file, please use correspondent author’s first name, underscore, last name, underscore, event name, underscore, number of abstract, dot PDF.
- For example, if the author’s name is David Smith, he is submitting an abstract to DXC, and it is his first of multiple abstracts, then the file name will be David_Smith_DXC_1.pdf.
- Size: The abstract should not exceed one page in length (8.5” x 11” page size), with a one-inch margin all around. This includes any figures or graphs (please keep to a minimum).
- Font: Times New Roman, 10 or 12 point.
- Title: Bold, Center, Capitalize each word.
- Author(s), Affiliation(s) and Contact Author E-mail Address: Center directly under Title. Leave one blank line after the Contact Author’s E-mail Address before beginning text of abstract.
- Text: Paragraphs should be flush left (do not indent); single-spaced; leave one blank line between paragraphs, space permitting.
- Characters, tables, formulae, figures, symbols, and graphics: All must be embedded into your text. Please keep to a minimum, and limit the fonts to those that are available with the standard distribution of Microsoft® Word. Non-standard fonts will lead to errors in transmission.
3. Submit your Abstract
Once you have your completed abstract ready and a preferred session picked, click the button below to submit.
ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstracts may only be received through the online submission process. You will be required to fill out a general information form, and then given a choice to either upload your abstract directly from your computer (as a PDF file) or e-mail your abstract as an attachment to Stephanie Jennings – email@example.com. The information you upload on the general information form is not considered a part of your abstract. You must still include the title and author information in the actual abstract file.
CONFIRMATION OF ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
When submitting your abstract online, you will receive an automated e-mail confirmation. If you choose to e-mail your abstract, then confirmation of your abstract may take up to one week. If you do not receive confirmation within one week of your submittal, please email Stephanie Jennings – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-325-9814 ext. 163.
Abstracts should be submitted no later than 22 March 2023.
4. View Program
Please visit the Program page of the conference website to view session descriptions as they become available. The final program, along with abstracts, will be made available on the Program page by June 2023. Attendees wishing to obtain hard copies of the abstracts may visit the website, and print copies of the individual PDF abstract files.