Abstracts are hereby solicited for oral presentation in any of the
sessions listed, or the XRD and XRF poster sessions.
As the conference moves back to an in-person format, all participants are invited to submit their abstract for an in-person presentation.
Abstract Submissions are now closed.
Want to present at
1. Pick your Oral or Poster Session
- Plenary Session: TBA (Invited talks only)
- New Developments in XRD & XRF Instrumentation –commercial presentations permitted
- Cultural Heritage
- Machine Learning Techniques in X-ray Analysis
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy (XAS)
- Applications of Rietveld Analysis
- Industrial Applications of XRD
- Stress Analysis
- Non-ambient Analysis
- Small-angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS)
- General XRD
- Trace Analysis
- Micro XRF using Imaging
- Industrial XRF
- Quantitative Analysis of XRF
- General XRF
Presentations may be moved among oral sessions, or to a poster session, at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. Every attempt will be made to contact the submitting author if this is necessary.
The Organizing Committee considers the withdrawal of an abstract, after it has been accepted and advertised, as highly nonprofessional (except in special circumstances). Please try to secure travel funding and approvals before submitting an abstract.
We are happy to announce that DXC 2022 will be held as an in-person conference. ICDD will continue to keep close watch on the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The health and welfare of our conference attendees, exhibitors, and staff are of top priority. Currently, we ask that you only submit an abstract if you are able to participate in-person at DXC 2022.
2. Prepare your Abstract
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS:
- File format: PDF. When submitting a PDF, please use all standard fonts. When naming the abstract file, please use correspondent author’s first name, underscore, last name, dot PDF. For example, if the author’s name is David Smith, then the file name will be David_Smith.PDF. When submitting more than one abstract, please use correspondent author’s first name, underscore, last name, underscore, session name, dot PDF. The PDF file size cannot be over 2 MB(megabytes).
- The PDF of the abstract must include the title, author(s), affiliations(s) and text. The general information form that you complete does not automatically add the title and author information to the abstract.
- Size: The abstract should not exceed one page in length (8.5” x 11” page size); with a one-inch margin all around. This includes any figures or graphs (please keep to a minimum).
- Font: Times or Times New Roman, 10 or 12 point.
- Title: Bold, Center, Mixed upper and lower case.
- Author(s), Affiliation(s) and Contact Author E-mail Address: Center directly under Title. Leave one blank line after the Contact Author’s E-mail Address before beginning text of abstract.
- Text: Paragraphs should be flush left (do not indent); single-spaced; leave one blank line between paragraphs, space permitting.
- Characters, tables, formulae, figures, symbols, graphics: All must be embedded into your text. Please keep to a minimum, and limit the fonts to those that are available with the standard distribution of Microsoft® Word. Non-standard fonts will lead to errors in transmission.
3. Submit your Abstract
Once you have your completed abstract ready and a preferred session picked, click the button below to submit.
ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstracts may only be received through the online submission process. You will be required to fill out a general information form, and then given a choice to either upload your abstract directly from your computer as a PDF file or e-mail your abstract as an attachment created in Word version 2013 – 2020. The information you upload on the general information form is not added to your abstract. You must still include the title and author information in the PDF abstract file you upload.
CONFIRMATION OF ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
When submitting your abstract online, you will receive an automated e-mail confirmation. If you choose to e-mail your abstract as a Microsoft® Word document, then confirmation of your abstract may take up to one week. If you do not receive confirmation within one week of your submittal, please email Stephanie Jennings or call: 610-325-9814.
Contact Stephanie Jennings if you are interested in submitting a late abstract. Please include the session you are interested in.
4. View Program
Please visit the Program page of the conference website to view session descriptions. The final program, along with abstracts, will be made available on the Program page by June 2022. Attendees wishing to obtain hard copies of the abstracts may visit the website, and print copies of the individual PDF abstract files.